Hello from the J Ryan Trio. It’s January and you know what that means… No? you don’t? Well I haven’t a clue what it means. Hey if we can’t figure it out this correspondence devolves from relevant and newsworthy to spam-filter fodder.
Let’s see, January is:
- National Book Month – Pretty sure I read that somewhere.
- National Get Organized Month – Now I think I had that jotted on a post-it, maybe under this coaster? …wait why is that sticky? eww that’s nasty.
- National Thyroid Awareness Month – Are you aware of your thyroid? Good, just checkin’.
- International Creativity Month – This reminder brought to you by our stale and formulaic newsletter.
- National Hobby Month – Music is a hobby. In Wisconsin drinking is a hobby, enjoy both with the JRT.
- High Tech Month – you are receiving this via email, which was pretty high tech circa 1998.
- Reference Book Month – In the same month as High Tech month? Maybe it’s National Irony Month.
- Jan week 2 – National Folic Acid Awareness Week – just be aware, it’s one of our nation’s most beloved acids.
- Jan 5 was National Bird Day – If you forgot to flip someone the bird on Jan 5, you’ll have to wait a whole ‘nuther year. Gal next to me in traffic today is apparently working ahead.
Bottom line is although we don’t have anything booked for Peculiar People Day on Jan 10, we’d love to see you at any or all of the fine venues below – swing by and have a listen.
Bugsy’s Backalley Speakeasy
218 N Water St, Milwaukee
(but enter via the alley off Chicago Ave)
Saturday Jan 12
9pm – 1am
It’s a quintet with three, count ’em three part harmony. A rockin time is assured.
The Bay Restaurant in Whitefish Bay
342 E Silver Spring Dr, Whitefish Bay
Friday Jan 18
8pm – 10pm
Remarkable food and a great atmosphere in the heart of charming Whitefish Bay – stay warm and cozy at the Bay.
Caroline’s Jazz Club
401 S 2nd Street
Thursday Jan 31
8:30pm – 11:30pm
We’ll play almost right up to February as the clock strikes midnight – would love to see you there.
Until February (what’s with that ‘ru’?) – be well, stay warm and blessings on your start to 2019.
And for cryin out loud, find us on Facebook / Instagram.