This being a full-service newsletter, ole ryan went ahead and included below a few gentle suggestions to help manage holiday stress.
- Egg nog makes a fine breakfast drink.
- Do not, under any circumstances, start a band.
- Do not, under any circumstances, book United.
- Keep reindeer (any livestock really) off the roof to prevent damage to shingles and tamp down on noise
- Vince Guaraldi
- Give tastefully wrapped can of WD40 to your Secret Santa. You’ll not be invited to participate again – huge time-saver there.
- Ask first before petting anyone’s emotional support animal – be it a dog, pony or pheasant.
- No need to roll the dice on 4+ hour un-refrigerated meat at the office pot luck – that’s just asking for trouble.
- Hang out with the J Ryan Trio at any of our upcoming sets – you know we’d love to see you!
- Lastly, remember why we do this Christmas thing every year – placing the real reason for Christmas front and center can be a good thing.
N72W13350 Lund Ln, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Friday Dec 13
A special evening of Christmas tunes, Motown, Beatles all stitched together with jazz (and love) with every penny raised on this outing benefiting The Women’s Center of Waukesha County (twcwaukesha.org).
20111 Lord Street in Brookfield
(Bluemound just east of Barker)
Saturday Dec 14
11am – 2pm
Beautifully decorated for the holidays, Von Maur offers an unparalleled Christmas shopping experience replete with the best brands, impeccable personal service, a JRT jazz Christmas set and a rollicking jolly Santa Claus. Who knew Santa could shake sleigh bells on the downbeat in 5:4 time? Hey I’m on record: Santa is very real – although once his shift is done at 5 we’re meeting him at Applebee’s for drinks.